Tomb Raider Review...



Tomb Raider, Rated R.

Starring: Alicia Vikander, Dominic West, Walton Goggins, Daniel Wu

Brief Summary: Lara Croft, the fiercely independent daughter of a missing adventurer, must push herself beyond her limits when she finds herself on the island where her father disappeared. (source: iTunes)


Again, this is how I'm going to review this movie. I will be basing it on a 5-star (
) system on these 8 categories. Action, Suspense, Comedy, Drama, Scare Factor, Romance, Adult Content, & Overall Score.

So, let's get started...

Action: 
☆☆☆☆
There's a lot of action in this movie.

Suspense:
☆☆☆ 
There was some suspense in this movie.

Comedy: 
☆☆
There was just enough comical scenes in this movie to make myself & the audience laugh a few times.

Drama: 

There was little drama in this movie. Mainly dealing with the relationship between Lara & her father.

Scare Factor:
☆☆
There was a couple scary scenes in this movie. I gave it a
☆☆, my wife gave it a ☆☆☆.

Romance: 
There was no romance in this movie.

Adult Content: 
☆☆
There was a little adult content in this movie. Mainly language & little violence, but there was no nudity in this movie.

Overall Score: 
☆☆☆
This was a good movie Overall. This movie takes place right at the beginning of Lara’s tomb raiding career. I never played the video games, so I don’t know if it’s true to her origin or not. But I did like how they tied into the Angelina Jolie Tomb Raider movies at the end of this one. They also left this movie wide open for a sequel or two. Which is fine with me. We’ll probably be getting this movie when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray & 4K.

End Credits: There was no clips in or after the credits.

If you've seen this movie, let me know if you agree with my review or not.

Stay tuned for my next review.


If you want these reviews sent directly to your email, send me an email at moviereviewgr@gmail.com, with "Get Review" in the subject line.

For more movie knowledge, trailers, news, & trivia, please follow me on my Facebook page.

Comments