Venom Review



Venom, Rated PG-13.

Starring: Tom Hardy, Michelle Williams, Riz Ahmed, Scott Haze, Reid Scott.

Brief Summary: Journalist Eddie Brock is trying to take down Carlton Drake, the notorious and brilliant founder of the Life Foundation. While investigating one of Drake's experiments, Eddie's body merges with the alien Venom -- leaving him with superhuman strength and power. Twisted, dark and fueled by rage, Venom tries to control the new and dangerous abilities that Eddie finds so intoxicating. (source: Google)


Again, this is how I'm going to review this movie. I will be basing it on a 5-star (
) system on these 8 categories. Action, Suspense, Comedy, Drama, Scare Factor, Romance, Adult Content, & Overall Score.

So, let's get started...

Action: 
☆☆☆☆
There was a lot of action in this movie.

Suspense:
There was no suspense in this movie.

Comedy:

There was a little comedy in this movie.

Drama:
There was very little drama in this movie.

Scare Factor:
There is no scary moments in this movie.

Romance:
There was very little romance in this movie.

Adult Content:
☆☆
There was a little adult content in this movie. All language. There was no nudity in this movie.

Overall Score: 
☆☆
This was a pretty good movie overall. I have to say, I wasn’t sure I was going to like this movie. I grew up reading the Spider-man comics when the character Venom appeared. So, I was pretty bias going into this movie. But once again, I was pleasantly surprised with this movie. I mean, it doesn’t follow the Venom origin whatsoever, but the story, & action was well done. They also left it Wide open for a sequel. With that being said, I’m still not sure if we’ll be getting this movie when it comes out on DVD/Blu-ray & 4K. You never know though.

End Credits: There were 2 clips in the credits. The second one has Nothing to do with the movie. No spoilers…

If you've seen this movie, let me know if you agree with my review or not.

Stay tuned for my next review.


If you want these reviews sent directly to your email, send me an email at moviereviewgr@gmail.com, with "Get Review" in the subject line.

For more movie knowledge, trailers, news, & trivia, please follow me on my Facebook page.

Comments